Sunday, July 31, 2011

Googly Biscuits

While watching Ke Hobe Banglar Kotipoti or Kaun Banega Crorepati in Bengali hosted by Sourav Ganguly I came across an ad in Bengali for a biscuit brand called Googly. I do not wish to comment on this ad but I would like to share it. As it appears Googly is local brand in West Bengal or perhaps in Eastern India (I really don't know) which might not be known in other parts of India; I did not know about it until I saw the ad. There is nothing in the ad to make it memorable, yet I found it quite interesting. The ad uses 3-D animation and the main character is quite obviously a cartoon version of cricketer Sourav Ganguly. Whether Sourav Ganguly's consent was taken for this ad I do not know but the advertisers did a clever thing by showing the ad in the TV programme hosted by Sourav Ganguly himself.

Watch the ad below:
     

No comments:

Post a Comment